Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physicians
Also called: Attending Physiatrist, Residency Program Director; Attending Physician; Medical Director; Physiatrist
What they do:Diagnose and treat disorders requiring physiotherapy to provide physical, mental, and occupational rehabilitation.
On the job, you would:
- Document examination results, treatment plans, and patients' outcomes.
- Examine patients to assess mobility, strength, communication, or cognition.
- Assess characteristics of patients' pain such as intensity, location, or duration using standardized clinical measures.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Biodex Medical Systems Biodex Concussion Manager
- Bizmatics PrognoCIS EMR
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word