Acute Care Nurses
Also called: Clinical Nurse Educator, Nurse Manager, Nursing Director, Staff Nurse
What they do:Provide advanced nursing care for patients with acute conditions such as heart attacks, respiratory distress syndrome, or shock. May care for pre- and post-operative patients or perform advanced, invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
On the job, you would:
- Perform emergency medical procedures, such as basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), and other condition-stabilizing interventions.
- Manage patients' pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, monitoring patients' responses, and changing care plans accordingly.
- Document data related to patients' care, including assessment results, interventions, medications, patient responses, or treatment changes.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Bizmatics PrognoCIS EMR
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
Office suite software