Also called: Certified Orthoptist, Chief Orthoptist, Clinical Orthoptist (CO), Orthoptist
What they do:Diagnose and treat visual system disorders such as binocular vision and eye movement impairments.
On the job, you would:
- Perform diagnostic tests or measurements, such as motor testing, visual acuity testing, lensometry, retinoscopy, and color vision testing.
- Examine patients with problems related to ocular motility, binocular vision, amblyopia, or strabismus.
- Provide instructions to patients or family members concerning diagnoses or treatment plans.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- using scientific rules and strategies to solve problems
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Computer Aided Vision Therapy CAVT
- MAX Systems Max-Gold Medical Clinic Software
Word processing software