Also called: Safety and Security Officer, Security Agent, Security Guard, Security Officer
What they do:Guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. May operate x-ray and metal detector equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Lock doors and gates of entrances and exits to secure buildings.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
Transaction security and virus protection software