Also called: Safety and Security Officer, Security Agent, Security Guard, Security Officer
- Lock doors and gates of entrances and exits to secure buildings.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- public safety and security
- English language
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include:
- Guard, Security