Also called: Bar Captain, Bar Manager, Bartender, Mixologist
What they do:Mix and serve drinks to patrons, directly or through waitstaff.
On the job, you would:
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Balance cash receipts.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Social Orientation
You might use software like this on the job:
Point of sale POS software
- Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale
- NCR NeighborhoodPOS
Internet browser software
- Web browser software
Data base user interface and query software
- AZZ CardFile
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include: