Combined Food Preparation & Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
Also called: Deli Clerk (Delicatessen Clerk), Dietary Aide, Food Service Worker, Prep Cook (Preparation Cook)
What they do:Perform duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
On the job, you would:
- Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
- Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary.
- Request and record customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multi counting machines, or pencil and paper.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
- manufacture and distribution of products
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Point of sale POS software
- Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale
- NCR Advanced Checkout Solution
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office