Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, & Coffee Shop
Also called: Cafeteria Server, Cafeteria Worker, Crew Member, Food Service Worker
What they do:Serve food to diners at counter or from a steam table.
On the job, you would:
- Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers in such settings as take-out counters of restaurants or lunchrooms, business or industrial establishments, hotel rooms, and cars.
- Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, or adding machines, and accept payment or make change.
- Cook food or prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Social Orientation
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Point of sale POS software
- Aldelo Systems Aldelo for Restaurants Pro
- Foodman Home-Delivery
Operating system software
- Microsoft Windows
Data base user interface and query software
- Combined Food Preparation & Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Hosts & Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, & Coffee Shop
- Library Assistants, Clerical
You might like a career in one of these industries: