Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, & Coffee Shop
Also called: Cafeteria Server, Cafeteria Worker, Food Service Worker, Server
What they do:Serve food to diners at counter or from a steam table.
On the job, you would:
- Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment.
- Prepare bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, or adding machines, and accept payment or make change.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Point of sale POS software
- Aldelo Systems Aldelo for Restaurants Pro
- Foodman Home-Delivery
Operating system software
- Microsoft Windows
Data base user interface and query software
- Combined Food Preparation & Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Hosts & Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, & Coffee Shop
- Library Assistants, Clerical
You might like a career in one of these industries: