Motion Picture Projectionists
Also called: Booth Operator, Movie Projectionist, Projectionist, Technical Projection Guide
What they do:Set up and operate motion picture projection and related sound reproduction equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor operations to ensure that standards for sound and image projection quality are met.
- Start projectors and open shutters to project images onto screens.
- Open and close facilities according to rules and schedules.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Operating system software
Word processing software