Makeup Artists, Theatrical & Performance
Also called: Hair and Makeup Designer, Makeup Artist, Special Effects Makeup Artist, Special Makeup Effects Artist
What they do:Apply makeup to performers to reflect period, setting, and situation of their role.
On the job, you would:
- Apply makeup to enhance or alter the appearance of people appearing in productions such as movies.
- Select desired makeup shades from stock, or mix oil, grease, and coloring to achieve specific color effects.
- Duplicate work precisely to replicate characters' appearances on a daily basis.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
Engineering and Technology
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- create new and original ideas
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
Web page creation and editing software