Also called: Cashier, Checker, Clerk, Sales Associate
What they do:Receive and disburse money in establishments other than financial institutions. May use electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. May process credit or debit card transactions and validate checks.
On the job, you would:
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- ReliaSoft Prism
Operating system software