Sales Representatives, Wholesale & Manufacturing
Also called: Account Manager, Outside Sales, Sales Rep, Sales Representative
What they do:Sell goods for wholesalers or manufacturers to businesses or groups of individuals. Work requires substantial knowledge of items sold.
On the job, you would:
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Customer relationship management CRM software
Electronic mail software
- Claims Examiners, Property & Casualty Insurance
- Insurance Sales Agents
- Purchasing Agents
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale & Manufacturing, Technical & Scientific Products
- Tax Examiners & Collectors, & Revenue Agents
You might like a career in one of these industries: