Also called: Data Processor, Item Processing Clerk, Statement Clerk, Statement Distribution Clerk
What they do:Prepare and distribute bank statements to customers, answer inquiries, and reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts.
On the job, you would:
- Post stop-payment notices to prevent payment of protested checks.
- Verify signatures and required information on checks.
- Retrieve checks returned to customers in error, adjusting customer accounts and answering inquiries about errors as necessary.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Fiserv PEP+ reACH
- Image replacement document IRD printing software
Financial analysis software
- Accuity EPICWare
- IPS of Boston DoubleCheck
- Image Deposit Exchange Check Station
- Remote deposit capture software