Also called: Clerk, License Clerk, Motor Vehicle Field Representative (MVFR), Program Technician
What they do:Issue licenses or permits to qualified applicants. Obtain necessary information, record data, advise applicants on requirements, collect fees, and issue licenses. May conduct oral, written, visual, or performance testing.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate information on applications to verify completeness and accuracy and to determine whether applicants are qualified to obtain desired licenses.
- Collect prescribed fees for licenses.
- Verify the authenticity of documents, such as foreign identification or immigration documents.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Social Orientation
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Office suite software