Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard
Also called: Receiver, Stock Clerk, Stocker, Warehouse Worker
What they do:Receive, store, and issue materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard. Keep records and compile stock reports.
On the job, you would:
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software