Order Fillers, Wholesale & Retail Sales
Also called: Order Filler, Order Picker, Packer, Puller
What they do:Fill customers' mail and telephone orders from stored merchandise in accordance with specifications on sales slips or order forms. Duties include computing prices of items, completing order receipts, keeping records of out-going orders, and requisitioning additional materials, supplies, and equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Complete order receipts.
- Obtain merchandise from bins or shelves.
- Read orders to ascertain catalog numbers, sizes, colors, and quantities of merchandise.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Data base user interface and query software