Solar Energy Installation Managers
Also called: Crew Lead, Crew Leader, Installation Manager, Solar Energy Installation Manager
What they do:Direct work crews installing residential or commercial solar photovoltaic or thermal systems.
On the job, you would:
- Supervise solar installers, technicians, and subcontractors for solar installation projects to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Estimate materials, equipment, and personnel needed for residential or commercial solar installation projects.
- Prepare solar installation project proposals, quotes, budgets, or schedules.
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- teaching people how to do something
- managing your time and the time of other people
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Project management software
Operating system software
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: