Septic Tank Servicers & Sewer Pipe Cleaners
Also called: Drain Cleaner, Septic Pump Truck Driver, Septic Tank Service Technician, Service Technician
What they do:Clean and repair septic tanks, sewer lines, or drains. May patch walls and partitions of tank, replace damaged drain tile, or repair breaks in underground piping.
On the job, you would:
- Communicate with supervisors and other workers, using equipment such as wireless phones, pagers, or radio telephones.
- Drive trucks to transport crews, materials, and equipment.
- Inspect manholes to locate sewer line stoppages.
- customer service
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Route navigation software
- Route mapping software