Solar Thermal Installers & Technicians
Also called: Installer, Service Technician, Solar Installer, Solar Technician
What they do:Install or repair solar energy systems designed to collect, store, and circulate solar-heated water for residential, commercial or industrial use.
On the job, you would:
- Test operation or functionality of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and control systems.
- Apply weather seal, such as pipe flashings and sealants, to roof penetrations and structural devices.
- Install solar collector mounting devices on tile, asphalt, shingle, or built-up gravel roofs, using appropriate materials and penetration methods.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- reading work related information
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Project management software
- Cost estimating software
Electronic mail software
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.