Computer, Automated Teller, & Office Machine Repairers
Also called: ATM Technician (Automated Teller Machine Technician), Computer Technician, Copier Technician, Service Technician
What they do:Repair, maintain, or install computers, word processing systems, automated teller machines, and electronic office machines, such as duplicating and fax machines.
On the job, you would:
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Converse with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Disassemble machines to examine parts, such as wires, gears, or bearings for wear or defects, using hand or power tools and measuring devices.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise application integration software
Operating system software
Web platform development software