Also called: Mender, Sail Maker, Sail Repair Person, Seamstress
What they do:Repair tears, holes, and other defects in fabrics, such as draperies, linens, parachutes, and tents.
On the job, you would:
- Measure and hem curtains, garments, and canvas coverings to size, using tape measures.
- Operate sewing machines to restitch defective seams, sew up holes, or replace components of fabric articles.
- Spread out articles or materials and examine them for holes, tears, worn areas, and other defects.
- customer service
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Operating system software