Manufactured Building & Mobile Home Installers
Also called: Mobile Home Installer, Mobile Home Laborer, Mobile Home Set-Up Person, Modular Set Crew Member
What they do:Move or install mobile homes or prefabricated buildings.
On the job, you would:
- Seal open sides of modular units to prepare them for shipment, using polyethylene sheets, nails, and hammers.
- Move and set up mobile homes or prefabricated buildings on owners' lots or at mobile home parks.
- Inspect, examine, and test the operation of parts or systems to evaluate operating condition and to determine if repairs are needed.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
- customer service
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- teaching people how to do something
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
Reaction Time and Speed
- quickly move your hand, finger, or foot based on a sound, light, picture or other command
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Internet browser software
- Web browser software
Data base user interface and query software