First-Line Supervisors of Production & Operating Workers
Also called: Manufacturing Supervisor, Production Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, Team Leader
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
On the job, you would:
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, or fabricators.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- human resources (HR)
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Internet browser software
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Data base user interface and query software
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
- Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
- First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry & Animal Care Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, & Material Movers, Hand
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, & Groundskeeping Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation & Material-Moving Machine & Vehicle Operators
You might like a career in one of these industries: