Butchers & Meat Cutters
Also called: Butcher, Meat Cutter, Meat Manager, Meat Specialist
What they do:Cut, trim, or prepare consumer-sized portions of meat for use or sale in retail establishments.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper's eye.
- Wrap, weigh, label, and price cuts of meat.
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Financial accounting software
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include:
- Butcher, Meat
- Meat Cutter
- Cooks, Short Order
- Laundry & Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Print Binding & Finishing Workers
- Textile Bleaching & Dyeing Machine Operators & Tenders
- Textile Winding, Twisting, & Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: