Biomass Plant Technicians
Also called: Boiler Operator, Control Room Operator, Fuel Handler, Plant Operator
What they do:Control and monitor biomass plant activities and perform maintenance as needed.
On the job, you would:
- Operate biomass fuel-burning boiler or biomass fuel gasification system equipment in accordance with specifications or instructions.
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust production of biofuels or biomass-fueled power.
- Operate equipment to start, stop, or regulate biomass-fueled generators, generator units, boilers, engines, or auxiliary systems.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- change when and how fast you move based on how something else is moving
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.