Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
Also called: Hydro Operations and Maintenance Technician (Hydro O&M Technician), Hydroelectric Mechanic, Operations and Maintenance Technician (O&M Technician), Power Plant Mechanic
- Operate high voltage switches or related devices in hydropower stations.
- Identify or address malfunctions of hydroelectric plant operational equipment, such as generators, transformers, or turbines.
- Inspect water-powered electric generators or auxiliary equipment in hydroelectric plants to verify proper operation or to determine maintenance or repair needs.
- product and service development
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- public safety and security
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job: