Cooling & Freezing Equipment Operators & Tenders
Also called: Freezer Operator, Freezer Person, Refrigeration Operator, Refrigeration Technician
What they do:Operate or tend equipment, such as cooling and freezing units, refrigerators, batch freezers, and freezing tunnels, to cool or freeze products, food, blood plasma, and chemicals.
On the job, you would:
- Record temperatures, amounts of materials processed, or test results on report forms.
- Monitor pressure gauges, ammeters, flowmeters, thermometers, or products, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions, such as feed rate, product consistency, temperature, air pressure, and machine speed.
- Read dials and gauges on panel control boards to ascertain temperatures, alkalinities, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves to obtain specified mixtures.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- food production
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Word processing software
- Control & Valve Installers & Repairers
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, & Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Logging Equipment Operators
- Transportation Vehicle, Equipment & Systems Inspectors
- Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: