Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
Also called: Cargo Supervisor, Loadmaster, Ramp Lead, Ramp Supervisor
What they do:Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
On the job, you would:
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo, and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- customer service
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software
- Warehouse management system WMS