Also called: Heavy Equipment Supervisor, Route Supervisor, Solid Waste Division Supervisor, Waste Reduction Coordinator
What they do:Supervise curbside and drop-off recycling programs for municipal governments or private firms.
On the job, you would:
- Oversee recycling pick-up or drop-off programs to ensure compliance with community ordinances.
- Maintain logs of recycling materials received or shipped to processing companies.
- Supervise recycling technicians, community service workers, or other recycling operations employees or volunteers.
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
New job opportunities are likely in the future.