First-Line Supervisors of Transportation & Material-Moving Machine & Vehicle Operators
Also called: Driver Manager, Operations Supervisor, Transportation Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of transportation and material-moving machine and vehicle operators and helpers.
On the job, you would:
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Plan work assignments and equipment allocations to meet transportation, operations or production goals.
- Direct workers in transportation or related services, such as pumping, moving, storing, or loading or unloading of materials or people.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software
- Bill of lading software
- JDA Manugistics
Mobile location based services software
- Accellos Real Dispatch
- Commercial vehicle operations CVO software
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades & Extraction Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping & Janitorial Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, & Repairers
- First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Production & Operating Workers
You might like a career in one of these industries: