Airfield Operations Specialists
Also called: Airport Operations Coordinator, Airport Operations Officer, Airport Operations Specialist, Operations Coordinator
What they do:Ensure the safe takeoff and landing of commercial and military aircraft. Duties include coordination between air-traffic control and maintenance personnel, dispatching, using airfield landing and navigational aids, implementing airfield safety procedures, monitoring and maintaining flight records, and applying knowledge of weather information.
On the job, you would:
- Implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Assist in responding to aircraft and medical emergencies.
- Manage wildlife on and around airport grounds.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- teaching people how to do something
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Operating system software