Freight & Cargo Inspectors
Also called: Marine Cargo Surveyor, Marine Surveyor, Petroleum Inspector, Surveyor
What they do:Inspect the handling, storage, and stowing of freight and cargoes.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare and submit reports after completion of freight shipments.
- Inspect shipments to ensure that freight is securely braced and blocked.
- Record details about freight conditions, handling of freight, and any problems encountered.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Document management software
- Agricultural Inspectors
- Computer, Automated Teller, & Office Machine Repairers
- Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers & Repairers
- Forest & Conservation Workers
- Surveying Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries: