Cleaners of Vehicles & Equipment
Also called: Auto Detailer, Automotive Detailer, Detail, Detailer
What they do:Wash or otherwise clean vehicles, machinery, and other equipment. Use such materials as water, cleaning agents, brushes, cloths, and hoses.
On the job, you would:
- Clean and polish vehicle windows.
- Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
- Apply paints, dyes, polishes, reconditioners, waxes, or masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore color or condition.
- customer service
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- using equipment or systems
- testing how well a product or service works
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Bella FSM Auto Detailing Service Software
- Green Cloud KleanTRAC
Calendar and scheduling software
- Thoughtful Systems Scheduling Manager for Auto Detailing
Operating system software
- Microsoft Windows
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include:
- Hydro Blaster/Vacuum Technician