Software Developers, Systems Software
Also called: Software Architect, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Systems Engineer
In the Air Force: Computer Systems Programming; Computer Systems Programming Apprentice; Computer Systems Programming Craftsman; Computer Systems Programming Helper; Missile And Space Systems Maintenance; Missile And Space Systems Maintenance Apprentice; Missile And Space Systems Maintenance Craftsman; Missile And Space Systems Maintenance Journeyman; Software Development Officer; Software Development Officer, Software Engineer; Software Development Specialists
In the Coast Guard: Electronics Technician; Information System Technician
In the Navy: Combat Systems - Software Design; Digital Computer System Programmer; Fire Controlman; Fire Controlman (AEGIS); Information Systems Technician; Sonar Technician (Surface)
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures.
- Direct software programming and development of documentation.
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- English language
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Defect tracking software
- Fault testing software