Data Architect, Database Architect, Information Architect, Technical Operations Vice President
see titles from the Air Force.
Computer Systems Programming; Computer Systems Programming Apprentice; Computer Systems Programming Craftsman; Computer Systems Programming Helper; Computer Systems Programming Journeyman
What they do:
Design strategies for enterprise database systems and set standards for operations, programming, and security. Design and construct large relational databases. Integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure and refine system performance and functionality.
On the job, you would:
- Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Develop database architectural strategies at the modeling, design and implementation stages to address business or industry requirements.
- Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base management system software
- Apache Cassandra
- Oracle PL/SQL
Metadata management software
- IBM Rational System Architect
- Interface Computers Data Loader
Development environment software
- Common business oriented language COBOL
- Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition VBScript
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: