Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists
Also called: Research Associate, Research Specialist, Research Staff Member, Scientist
What they do:Implement production processes for nanoscale designs to produce or modify materials, devices, or systems of unique molecular or macromolecular composition. Operate advanced microscopy equipment to manipulate nanoscale objects. Work under the supervision of nanoengineering staff.
On the job, you would:
- Produce images or measurements, using tools or techniques such as atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, optical microscopy, particle size analysis, or zeta potential analysis.
- Supervise or provide technical direction to technicians engaged in nanotechnology research or production.
- Collaborate with scientists or engineers to design or conduct experiments for the development of nanotechnology materials, components, devices, or systems.
Math and Science
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Image analysis software
- Simulation software
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Optical imaging systems
New job opportunities are likely in the future.