Anthropology & Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Anthropology Professor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor
In the Navy: Instructor, Academic (Social Science)
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and present findings in professional journals, books, electronic media, or at professional conferences.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as research methods, urban anthropology, and language and culture.
- English language
- history and archeology
- sociology and anthropology
- teaching and course design
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
- Analytical Thinking
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Blackboard Learn