Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Instructor, Professor, Psychology Instructor, Psychology Professor
In the Army: USMA, Professor of Behavioral Sciences and Leadership
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as abnormal psychology, cognitive processes, and work motivation.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- sociology and anthropology
- English language
- teaching and course design
- therapy and counseling
- using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
You might use software like this on the job:
- Blackboard Learn