Diagnostic Radiologist, Physician, Radiologist, Radiology Resident
see titles from the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
Diagnostic Radiologist; Diagnostic Radiologist, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI); Diagnostic Radiologist, Musculoskeletal; Diagnostic Radiologist, Neuroradiology; Diagnostic Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine; Diagnostic Radiologist, Pediatric; Diagnostic Radiologist, Special Procedures
Radiologist (Diagnostic); Radiologist (Therapeutic)
What they do:
Examine and diagnose disorders and diseases using x-rays and radioactive materials. May treat patients.
On the job, you would:
- Obtain patients' histories from electronic records, patient interviews, dictated reports, or by communicating with referring clinicians.
- Prepare comprehensive interpretive reports of findings.
- Perform or interpret the outcomes of diagnostic imaging procedures including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computer tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET), nuclear cardiology treadmill studies, mammography, or ultrasound.
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Bizmatics PrognoCIS EMR
- Greenway Medical Technologies PrimeSUITE
Electronic mail software
post-doctoral training or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: