Also called: Safety and Security Officer, Security Agent, Security Guard, Security Officer
In the Air Force: Security Forces; Security Forces Apprentice, Combat Arms; Security Forces Helper; Security Forces Helper, Military Working Dog Handler; Security Forces Journeyman, Military Working Dog Handler; Special Investigations; Special Investigations Journeyman; Tactical Air Control Party (TACP); Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Helper; Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Superintendent
In the Army: Armor; Cavalry Scout; Corrections and Detention Specialist; Indirect Fire Infantryman; Infantryman; M1 Armor Crewman; Military Police; Special Forces Weapons Sergeant
In the Coast Guard: Gunner's Mate; Investigator; Maritime Enforcement Specialist; Operations Specialist
In the Marine Corps: Anti-tank Missileman; Artillery Senior Cannoneer; Critical Skills Operator; Guard; Infantry Unit Leader; Light Armored Reconnaissance (LAR) Unit Leader; Marine Corps Security Force (MCSF) Close Quarters Battle (CQB) Team Member; Marine Corps Security Force (MCSF) Guard; Military Police; Operations Chief; Rifleman
In the Navy: Camp/Convoy Security Specialist; Expeditionary Security Force Specialist; LCS-1 (Freedom Variant) Gunner's Mate; Marine Basic Combat Skills Specialist; Master-At-Arms; Missile Technician; Security Support Specialist
- Lock doors and gates of entrances and exits to secure buildings.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- public safety and security
- English language
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job: