Apprentice Embalmer, Embalmer, Funeral Director/Embalmer, Licensed Embalmer
see titles from the Army, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Mortuary Affairs Specialist
Mortuary Affairs Specialist; Personnel Retrieval and Processing Specialist
What they do:
Prepare bodies for interment in conformity with legal requirements.
On the job, you would:
- Dress bodies and place them in caskets.
- Conform to laws of health and sanitation and ensure that legal requirements concerning embalming are met.
- Close incisions, using needles and sutures.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- philisophy and religion
Math and Science
Safety and Government
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Custom Data Systems Sterling Management Software
- HMIS Advantage
Word processing software