Also called: Apprentice Funeral Director, Funeral Assistant, Funeral Attendant, Funeral Home Assistant
In the Army: Mortuary Affairs Specialist
In the Marine Corps: Personnel Retrieval and Processing Specialist; Personnel Retrieval and Processing Technician
In the Navy: Hospital Corpsman
- Greet people at the funeral home.
- Perform a variety of tasks during funerals to assist funeral directors and to ensure that services run smoothly and as planned.
- Transport the deceased to the funeral home.
- customer service
- English language
- talking to others
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- notice when problems happen
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Bookkeeping software