Data Entry Keyers
Also called: Data Capture Specialist, Data Entry Clerk, Data Entry Operator, Data Transcriber
In the Air Force: Airborne Mission Systems Specialist; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Apprentice, EC-130H; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Craftsman, C-32/C-40; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Craftsman, HC-130P/N; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Journeyman, C-37; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Journeyman, MC-130P; Command and Control Battle Management Operations Craftsman; Education And Training Apprentice; Fleet Management And Analysis Craftsman; Health Services Management Journeyman; Personnel Superintendent
In the Army: Fire Control Specialist; Joint Fire Support Specialist; Unit Supply Specialist; Weapons Locating Radar (WLR) Specialist
In the Coast Guard: Electronics Technician; Gunner's Mate
In the Marine Corps: Artillery Systems Technician; Aviation Maintenance Data Specialist; Aviation Operations Specialist; Aviation Support Equipment Asset Manager; Electro-Optical Ordnance Repairer; Field Artillery Fire Controlman; Fire Support Marine; Heavy Ordnance Vehicle Repairer/Technician; Light Armored Vehicle (LAV) Repairer/Technician; Small Arms Repairer/Technician
In the Navy: Administrative Assistant; Administrative Supervisor; Aviation Maintenance Administrationman; F-18 Automated Maintenance Environment Operator; Fire Controlman; Fire Controlman (AEGIS); Office Manager; Optimized NALCOMIS Database Administrator/Analysis IMA; Personnel Specialist; Quartermaster
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Compile, sort, and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
- English language
- administrative services
- customer service
- law and government
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job: