Word Processors & Typists
Also called: Clerk Typist, Keyboard Specialist, Typist, Word Processor
In the Air Force: Administration; Administration Craftsman; Administration Superintendent; Health Services Management Apprentice; Health Services Management Helper; Health Services Management Superintendent; Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management Helper; Personnel; Personnel Helper
In the Army: Human Resources Specialist; Human Resources Technician; Religious Affairs Specialist
In the Coast Guard: Yeoman
In the Marine Corps: Administrative Specialist; Aviation Maintenance Data Specialist; Information Operations Specialist; Legal Services Court Reporter
In the Navy: Administrative Assistant; Administrative Supervisor; Flag Officer Writer; Office Manager; Quartermaster; Religious Program Specialist; Submarine Administrative Assistant; Submarine Administrative Manager; Submarine Administrative Office Supervisor; Yeoman; Yeoman (Submarine)
- Perform other clerical duties, such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, or maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update, and delete documents.
- administrative services
- customer service
- English language
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
- order or arrange things
- group things in different ways
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Blackbaud CRM