Plasterers & Stucco Masons
Also called: Plaster Foreman, Plaster Mechanic, Plasterer, Plasterer Foreman
In the Navy: Builder
What they do:Apply interior or exterior plaster, cement, stucco, or similar materials. May also set ornamental plaster.
On the job, you would:
- Cover surfaces such as windows, doors, or sidewalks to protect from splashing.
- Clean job sites.
- Mix mortar and plaster to desired consistency or direct workers who perform mixing.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Autodesk Maya
- Corel Painter
Project management software
- Construction Software Center EasyEst
- Cost estimating software
- A-Systems JobView
- Turtle Creek Software Goldenseal