Roustabouts, Oil & Gas
Also called: Floor Hand, Roustabout, Roustabout Hand, Roustabout Pusher
What they do:Assemble or repair oil field equipment using hand and power tools. Perform other tasks as needed.
On the job, you would:
- Keep pipe deck and main deck areas clean and tidy.
- Unscrew or tighten pipes, casing, tubing, and pump rods, using hand and power wrenches and tongs.
- Walk flow lines to locate leaks, using electronic detectors and by making visual inspections, and repair the leaks.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Engineering and Technology
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Maintenance software
- SAP software
Office suite software
- Derrick Operators, Oil & Gas
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, & Tile & Marble Setters
- Rail-Track Laying & Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Tire Repairers & Changers
You might like a career in one of these industries: