Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, & Systems Assemblers
Also called: Assembler, Sheet Metal Assembler and Riveter (SMAR), Sheet Metal Mechanic, Structures Technician
In the Air Force: Aerospace Propulsion; Aerospace Propulsion Journeyman, TF33, CF6, F103, F108, F117, TFE-731, TF39, PW 2040, F138 Jet Engines (Airlift, Special Mission, and B-52 aircraft); Aircraft Armament Systems Craftsman; Aircraft Electrical And Environmental Systems Craftsman; Airlift/Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice; Airlift/Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance Manager; Helicopter/Tiltrotor Aircraft Maintenance Journeyman, H-60; Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice, B-2; Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Journeyman, KC-10; Tactical Aircraft Maintenance (5th Generation) Helper, F-22; Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Journeyman, F-15
In the Army: AH-64 Attack Helicopter Repairer; Aircraft Powerplant Repairer; Aircraft Structural Repairer; Aviation Maintenance Technician (Nonrated); Aviation Senior Sergeant; CH-47 Helicopter Repairer; RQ-7 Repairer; UH-60 Helicopter Repairer; Unit Supply Specialist
In the Coast Guard: Aviation Maintenance Technician
In the Marine Corps: Additive Manufacturing Officer; Aircraft Maintenance (Rotary-Wing); Enlisted Aircrew/Aerial Observer/Gunner; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic, F/A-18; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, EA-6; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Power Plants Mechanic, F-404; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Safety Equipment Mechanic, F/A-18; Helicopter Airframe Mechanic, UH/AH-1; Helicopter Power Plants Mechanic, T-58; Tiltrotor Airframe Mechanic, MV-22
In the Navy: Advanced Composite Structural Repair IMA Technician; Aviation Boatswain's Mate, Launching and Recovery Equipment; Aviation Structural Mechanic; C-130 Systems Organizational Maintenance Technician; C-40 Systems Organizational Maintenance Safe For Flight Certifier; E-2C Group II Systems Organizational Initial Maintenance Technician; E-6B System Organizational Career Maintenance Technician; F/A-18 A/B/C/D Systems Organizational Initial Maintenance Technician; Individual Augmentation (IA) Support Assignment-Shadow Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Electronics Maintenance Specialist; Naval Aircrewman (Mechanical)
- Assemble parts, fittings, or subassemblies on aircraft, using layout tools, hand tools, power tools, or fasteners, such as bolts, screws, rivets, or clamps.
- Read blueprints, illustrations, or specifications to determine layouts, sequences of operations, or identities or relationships of parts.
- Attach brackets, hinges, or clips to secure or support components or subassemblies, using bolts, screws, rivets, chemical bonding, or welding.
- teaching and course design
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- put together small parts with your fingers
- hold or move items with your hands
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job: