Shoe & Leather Workers & Repairers
Also called: Boot Maker, Cutter, Shoe Maker, Shoe Repairer
What they do:Construct, decorate, or repair leather and leather-like products, such as luggage, shoes, and saddles.
On the job, you would:
- Cut out parts, following patterns or outlines, using knives, shears, scissors, or machine presses.
- Construct, decorate, or repair leather products according to specifications, using sewing machines, needles and thread, leather lacing, glue, clamps, hand tools, or rivets.
- Align and stitch or glue materials such as fabric, fleece, leather, or wood, to join parts.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Bookkeeping software
- Financial accounting software
Point of sale POS software
- Sale processing software