Shoe Machine Operators & Tenders
Also called: Boot Maker, Cutter, Side Laster, Stitcher
What they do:Operate or tend a variety of machines to join, decorate, reinforce, or finish shoes and shoe parts.
On the job, you would:
- Study work orders or shoe part tags to obtain information about workloads, specifications, and the types of materials to be used.
- Remove and examine shoes, shoe parts, and designs to verify conformance to specifications such as proper embedding of stitches in channels.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating machines or replacing broken needles.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Document management software
Office suite software
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Print Binding & Finishing Workers
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Wood
- Solderers & Brazers
- Textile Bleaching & Dyeing Machine Operators & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: