Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, & Kettle Operators & Tenders
Also called: Dry Kiln Operator, Furnace Operator, Kiln Fireman, Kiln Operator
In the Marine Corps: Machinist
In the Navy: Machinery Repairman; Machinery Repairman Apprentice
- Monitor equipment operation, gauges, and panel lights to detect deviations from standards.
- Confer with supervisors or other equipment operators to report equipment malfunctions or to resolve production problems.
- Press and adjust controls to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.
- manufacture and distribution of products
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job: