Transportation Vehicle, Equipment & Systems Inspectors
Also called: Carman, Inspector, Smog Technician, Transit Vehicle Inspector
In the Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment; Aerospace Ground Equipment Helper; Ground Transportation Apprentice; Ground Transportation Journeyman; Missile And Space Facilities Craftsman; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Helper; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Journeyman, Firefighting and Refueling Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance; Traffic Management; Traffic Management Helper
In the Army: AH-64 Attack Helicopter Repairer; Aircraft Powerplant Repairer; Airdrop Systems Technician; Cavalry Scout; Combat Medic Specialist; Intelligence Analyst; Military Police; Railway Specialist (USAR only); Senior Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer/Senior Ordnance Logistics Warrant Officer; UH-60 Helicopter Repairer; Wheeled Vehicle Repairer
In the Coast Guard: Aviation Maintenance Technician
In the Marine Corps: Aircraft Maintenance (Rotary-Wing); Assault Amphibious Vehicle (AAV)/Assault Combat Vehicle (ACV) Repairer/Technician; Engineer Equipment Mechanic; Ground Safety Officer; Helicopter Airframe Mechanic, UH/AH-1; Helicopter Mechanic, CH-53; Helicopter Power Plants Mechanic, T-64; Motor Transport Maintenance Chief; Senior Armor SNCO; Utilities Chief; Weapons and Tactics Crew Chief Instructor
In the Navy: Aviation Safety Officer
- Inspect vehicles or other equipment for evidence of abuse, damage, or mechanical malfunction.
- Inspect vehicles or equipment to ensure compliance with rules, standards, or regulations.
- Inspect repairs to transportation vehicles or equipment to ensure that repair work was performed properly.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- English language
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- keep your arm or hand steady
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Commercial driver's license information system CDLIS
- Past Inspection Query PIQ